November 13, 2008

This is a day of miracles and resolution. First, I actually got up this morning, finally starting to get used to the new meds. Second, my OT dispute has been resolved and a check is forthcoming. Third, we've discovered the surging issue with the truck is related to the AC/heater unit. For now, the truck runs well as long as I'm not sitting at a stop light for long with the defroster on. Fourth, I finally got the rollover on my 401(k) completed, no thanks to Charles Schwab (the account administrator). I always forget that dealing with all of those finance folks about moving money and who needs to do what first is like being the ball in a tennis match as the players get more and more angry with each stroke (insert: question) that's lobbed into their court. By the time I finally got done, not only had I given up, but I'd give in and sworn I'd never revert back to a finance personality even though that was my calling. So, things are calming down (read: Candy is cooling off) and "projects" are getting completed. It is really nice to cross a bunch of things off my list this week, even though it meant I was beyond crazy busy.

Suz came down last Friday and we worked in the last corner of the back yard that needed landscaping - she visited as well. We got the gazebo/arbor thingy built and all of the roses (except a couple that go other places) planted. We ran into a couple re-design moments - one was not putting a bush 8 inches from one of the drip controllers so that I didn't get all scratched up adjusting the sprinklers. Bummer, I need to buy a tree rose for that spot. There's a chore. (big grin) The only thing we didn't get done was move mom's fountain. That can wait until Spring or a nice weekend in the new year. Pictures to follow on what we did get accomplished. I can't wait until Spring when the climbers start to cover the gazebo/arbor and are in full bloom. I have this amazing picture in my mind and will be so happy if it even comes remotely close in reality. We'll see.

No comments: