November 7, 2008

Old & new woobies

I never cease being amazed how things always come about how and when they should, regardless of how I want it to happen. With the new company, I'm having to leave my favorite old woobie Kaiser HMO behind. Change is frightening enough when you have your woobie, but even worse without. So I went back to the doctor I've seen off and on through the years when I haven't been able to have Kaiser. When she walked into the exam room on Wednesday, there was a huge smile on her face. She was REALLY happy to see me! She went on to tell me that she had thought of mom a couple weeks back (she was mom's doctor as well) and was wondering how I was doing...and there I was. So, she asked how I was doing and I immediately burst into tears. She calmly handed me a tissue box and said, "I understand." She's known me for so long that she knew my emotional response isn't a normal thing for me. We went over the list of things I had and put together a game plan. She was very pleased with my weight loss efforts and supported what I am doing. She also is helping by re-evaluating my meds and moving me to things that will better help where I am right now. Wow! A doctor that listens and helps! And I was worried about losing my woobie. Maybe I did, but I think I have a much better woobie now. Instead of telling me all the things I can't/shouldn't do, she's talking about all the things WE can/will do together to move my health plans forward. And all I can say is "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yippeeeeeee

Sometimes change is good. (-:

Ajay said...

liked your blog.I'm also from san jose.Can we date once..mail me if you are interested