November 2, 2008

Rainy Days

The landscape project has been put on hold one more week due to weather. While the roses wouldn't have minded being planted in the rain, it would have been a soggy, muddy mess. That and Suz had something come up and couldn't come down for the weekend. So, next weekend is scheduled for completion of the project. The nice part about all this rain over the weekend is that the ground shouldn't be so hard for digging and planting the roses. I believe we have a dozen bushes to plant and that will probably take us most of the day.

So, instead of being out in the rain, I enjoyed my first rainy weekend day in my favorite chair, a couple of cats and a pot of tea. A couple of good movies and knitting rounded it out. I finally finished the Bias Scarf that I started on Sea Socks and have gotten quite a bit done on my Aran Cabled Shrug. The main part (sleeve end to sleeve end) is over halfway completed. It would be nice to get some more done on it this week. I also got some done on the Cat's Paw scarf out of Qiviut. Wonderful stuff, soft as a cloud. Can't wait to get this scarf done to wear it. I think it will be one of my favorites.

No comments: