November 30, 2008

I am Thankful

I often need gentle reminders that I really do have it good and that I do have a lot more than most. I don't always remember that when I'm lying in bed in the morning, grumbling to myself because I have to get up to go to work that 1) I have a job to go to; 2) I'm healthy enough to get out of bed to go to work. So here is my list of "thankful for" not in any particular order:

I'm thankful for my friends: who accept me for who I am and don't try to make me into someone I can't or don't want to be. Who have open arms for me even when I'm holding you at arms length trying to make you stay away and you won't let me.

I'm thankful for my job: while it may be taxing trying to figure out what we're supposed to be doing for who and how, I still have a desk, a computer, a phone and a paycheck.

I'm thankful for my cats: who remind me daily what unconditional love is all about. And that unconditional love makes all the other decisions in my life very, very simple.

I'm thankful for the change in health insurance: that is leading me down the path to better health in ways I'd only dreamt about in the past.

No comments: