September 3, 2009

One Last Chessa Post

When we played with all the other cats Chessa wasn't interested until we brought over a wand with a long ribbon on it. I tried a few times to get her to play, but she didn't want to. One day when we were in the family room I tried again and Chessa was so funny! She was like a little kitten. She chased the ribbon and slid across the slippery wood floor. Candy and Sue said that was the first time Chessa had ever played like that. It made me feel good that I got her to play. She was so funny to watch!

Memories by Megan

I think what I would like to share most is something that happened at noon on the 27th (of July), the day she passed away. I had dozed off on the loveseat and I had a dream. I don't know where I was but I was sitting on a bench in a wide open area people-watching. I looked up and Chessa was coming toward me. She jumped up on the bench beside me and I started petting her as I always did. She purred so loud as she always did. She only stayed for a few minutes, then climbed up on my lap, licked my face and gave me a look I'd never seen from her before. Then she jumped down off the bench and walked away. I woke up instantly and went to check my email...Sue had emailed just 7 minutes before letting us know Chessa was gone. I like to think Chessa came to tell me good-bye before she went to her better place.

Memories by Gena

No comments: