September 22, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel....

....Has been turned off due to the economy...and pay cuts, cost of living and on and on and on. However, I do believe I've been able to turn mine back on and it's growing a little bit brighter by the day. Through the advice of some very knowledgeable friends I have been able to take advantge of some of the "debt restructuring" opportunities in out in the world. By doing so, I'm managing to bring my life back into a reasonable balance after the massive pay cuts we received at the beginning of the month. I'm told by the time the project I'm working on at work winds down at the end of the year, the mortgage loan modification should be complete and in place so the massive amounts of overtime won't be necessary any more - good thing as it's probably going away anyway. Not only will I be able to afford the mortgage on my now-reduced salary, I'll have time to enjoy the things I've been stashing for that rainy day...nice. Time and a little bit of money - what a concept. So, there does really seem to be a light...hoping it isn't the train, but really is daylight heading my way...and that 2010 will be a better year.

No comments: