June 5, 2008

IT’S HERE! (finally)

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! I'm Somebody now!"
Steve Martin from The Jerk

The last port of call on our amazing cruise through Alaska and Canada brought us to Victoria, BC. Not my first visit there, and certainly not my last. What an amazing and beautiful city. The modern and the historic manage to survive side by side in a way that can only compliment both.
Our ship was late into port from bucking 60 knot headwinds out of Juneau, Alaska. We finally arrived about 5pm…and headed straight for the Beehive Wool yarn store (they knew we were coming). After shopping to my hearts content, I just about suffered a heart attack when I saw the bill. That’s okay. I finally have all my yarney-goodness in my hands and can pet and play to my hearts content. Believe me when I tell you that when I opened the package I only remembered a couple of things that I had purchased. The rest is like Christmas in June.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, when do we get to see pics? Inquiring (and nosy) minds want to know!

p.s. welcome to the blogosphere.