June 9, 2012

Happy Day

The sun is shining, it's warming up and just maybe summer is really on the way.  The school quarter is winding down with finals just around the corner and my certificate almost complete.  There's a new-to-me car in my parking space and the scale is 5lbs lighter than it was last time I weighed in.  Life is good.  Yes, there are things not so good going on, but today I'm choosing to focus on the happy things in life.  Lately that seems to be the way of my life.  When I look back to where I was two years ago - not really liking the people I worked with (the job was good) and the home situation I was in with my roommate - and a year ago when I was unemployed and totally depressed - I think about how far I've come and I'm just so happy and thankful to be through all of that and to have survived.  It's really hard not to focus on the happy things when just about anything is better.  :D

No comments: