October 13, 2008

frustration and a heavy heart

So, here it is...Monday again. Where did the weekend go? Where has the YEAR gone? The weather here has started to get brisk, leaves are just starting to turn, and we're on the home-stretch to the holidays. It seems like just a couple of months ago we were celebrating Christmas and the New Year and here we are in the middle of October....again. The days scream by and I feel I've gotten nothing accomplished. There are all these big plans in my head that move ahead with baby-steps of progress at best. So many things to do and never enough energy or hours in the day to get them done. Or even some of them done....or started. It seems like all I do is think about them and plan. The implementation seems to evade me.

I had to take Chessa to the vet yesterday. She's dropped down to under 5 pounds. The vet and I are working on trying to find something she can/will eat that won't hurt her mouth (always tender from the stomatitis). She hates canned food but for now that's all her mouth can handle. She's a little trooper when I give her her meds and feed her from a syringe as I think she knows that all of this that she must suffer through will help. She'll look up at me with those tired, wise eyes of hers and sigh as if to say "okay, if you must." She's still the demanding affectionista, just not as pushy as normal. The vet says we should have her back feeling better in a week or two. In the meantime, I'll feed and give meds and dispense all the love and affection she wants and love and appreciate her every day that we have together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww... hugs to you and Chessa.